Toshiba startup repair window runs but it just keep going back

Closed
mr Roquemore - Updated by Ambucias on 2/12/16 at 04:47 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 5, 2016 at 04:13 AM
Hello, I was running the disc fragment when the power went out. Circuit breaker clicked off. Now when I try to turn it on all it gives me is a prompt that reads it's startup is preparing to fix problems(recommended) or start windows normally. The startup repair window runs but it just keep going back to said screen. Can someone please help me?

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 5, 2016 at 04:13 AM
Hi Mr Roquemore,

So, right now it is not possible to boot normally, right? Is the laptop under warranty? If it is, contact the seller and ask for guidance. If warranty has expired, remove the hard drive and place in another PC, as a secondary storage drive. Try to access it and backup all important data. Once all is backed up, download the drive manufacturer’s diagnostic tool and scan the drive for errors. If all looks fine, you may need to reinstall your OS. Place the drive back in your laptop and boot from a Windows installation drive.

Hope this helps