Idk whats wrong computer wont turn on

Closed
Helpzme - Dec 21, 2016 at 11:59 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 22, 2016 at 05:07 AM
Last night i had an update, since then my computer would turn on, everything running all fans spinning, everything, my computer would sit there on a no signal for my monitor and keyboard + mouse would not work. After unpluging everything 1 by 1 my computer finally showed the startup screen (after removing graphics card + second monitor) and my mouse would start glowing up again. It would uninstall the update and let me go all the way to the desktop but the moment i turn my computer off and plug my graphics card back in it refuses to work, just does the same thing it did befor, graphics card is working fine, i had this problem last month but it randomly fixed itself and i had to remove the graphics card last time to, What do i do im clueless

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 22, 2016 at 05:07 AM
Hi Helpzme,

Are you sure the PC actually turns on with all the hardware connected. If the cooling fans are working that may not be enough to say that the PC is working. It is possible that there is enough energy to run the cooling but not enough for all the components. I would suggest you to check the power supply or try with another one. In general, the graphic card may be power demanding and maybe the PSU cannot handle the PC with the card connected.
Have in mind that faulty PSU may cause damage to the hardware and it would be nice if you catch the problem early.

Hope this helps