Computer turns on but doesn't boot

Closed
Lydiasam9654 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 22, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 22, 2016 - Updated by Lydiasam9654 on 22/12/16 at 12:30 AM
Tabeer Posts 63 Registration date Thursday December 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 26, 2016 - Dec 22, 2016 at 07:25 AM
Hello,
Few days back, when I turned on the computer, the screen was blurry and immediately it blacked out. The monitor is working individually and even cpu is working( as I can hear the fans working) , but still my computer doesn't boot up. I tried to replace the memory card and put it on another slot but still it's not working . I tried to remove it and turned on the cpu, there was no beep sounds, even the fan (which when turned on would go on full blast) was silent. Does it mean the motherboard is faulty? Should I replace it?
Related:

2 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 22, 2016 at 05:36 AM
Hi Lydiasam,

You have done good job trying to solve the issue. It is possible that your PC is not getting enough energy to run properly. The cooling fans may be running normally, but the energy may not be enough to run all the hardware. I would start by checking the PSU. If you have the option, check the PC with another one.
If happens the same, then maybe the issue is motherboard related and you should seek help from a technician. Sometimes those type of issues are repairable and you may not need to get a new one.

Hope this helps

Tabeer Posts 63 Registration date Thursday December 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 26, 2016 23
Dec 22, 2016 at 07:25 AM
If you can’t boot into Windows, you might be able to get into safe mode. Press F8 as your laptop is starting up and you’ll get a menu offering to boot into Safe Mode. Here's how to enter safe mode in Windows 8. If you can enter safe mode, you might be able to undo any changes that caused your laptop or PC to stop booting. You could try uninstalling any new programs that you recently installed, uninstall a driver that was recently updated, or create a new user account if the account is corrupt.
If you see an option to repair your computer, try this, but you will almost certainly need your Windows CD for this to work.