Cpu consistently turns off

Closed
imaowner6 - Updated by Ambucias on 27/12/16 at 05:38 AM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 27, 2016 at 12:58 PM
Hello,
hey guys ive been having this issue for quite some time now, my cpu consistently turns off while im using it. Its very unusual though because several months before it worked perfectly fine under tons of stress. Ive completely cleaned the entire thing out, used different RAM, and its watercooled. I dont believe its a over heating problem, and at this point im absolutely lost. I also dont have the money right now to just randomly buy a new Processor to see if that is the problem, just to find out its not. ANYTHING WOULD HELP! THANKS

Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Dec 27, 2016 at 09:19 AM
Get a software temperature display, like Coretemp: https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Then you can see if it is heat related. You are describing a heat related indication. There is not much else that will just SHUT it down like that, without giving you some error!
Well its saying my tjmax temp is 90c and my computer with nothing running sits around 75-80c. so i guess it has to be a overheating problem. but what could it be? i cleaned out my computer entirely other than removing the the processor. should i try applying new thermal paste? its been about a year since ive done it.
ill try but at this point it seems to be so bad that even with almost nothing running it will turn off. will try out coretemp now
Blocked Profile
Dec 27, 2016 at 12:58 PM
How many fans do you have on the case, and what sizes? Small, medium and large will do if you do not know that actual spec sizes for the fans. The placement of where each is would be helpful, let us know.