Can't get online even though says connected

Solved/Closed
Ec327 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 13, 2009 - May 12, 2009 at 07:29 PM
 bpaschal - Feb 20, 2010 at 06:22 PM
Hello,

I live in an apartment that provides wireless. I was able to connect for a week and now I can't. I had been getting error messages saying that someone had the same ip address as me. And it was causing problems with aim such as getting disconnected. And I was able to connect for bit longer after that until about two weeks ago. I reformatted my laptop. Still can't connect. I bought a wireless usb card and still nothing. I am using my iPhone to connect and look for solutions but not having any luck whatsoever. I'm looking at my network sharing center and I'm connected to a networ but it stops there and there is just an annoying red x between the network and the grayed out Internet icon. And this only happens with the wireless in my apartment building. I go to my campus library and the connection is fine and I can surf the Internet. I really need help!! Please!
Related:

1 response

wellpart Posts 26 Registration date Saturday October 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 4
May 13, 2009 at 05:29 AM
go to Start > Run > type: CMD then you will get to the command prompt

Then type : ipconfig /release

when the connection is released type : ipconfig /renew this will renew your ip!
Ec327 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 13, 2009
May 13, 2009 at 08:35 AM
I tried this and it still won't work.
I get a message that says evolution is required.