Want to transfer file from one user to other

Closed
Rizvi - May 13, 2009 at 06:28 AM
 Rizvi - May 14, 2009 at 02:01 AM
Hello,
i join new company, so company has provided me a computer that user name is (alex ), i had lot of files on that user name then company open my user name and email address but i had setup email address on user (alex ) ,
my user name is rizvi,
if i log off from alex and log into rizvi then no files display whatever i saved in alex user ,
and i had setup new email account in rizvi user also but its show empty, no send message, no inbox message.
Please guide me how i can transfer all file & outbox message from Alex user to Rizvi User

2 responses

kathcat Posts 27 Registration date Tuesday October 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2009 2
May 13, 2009 at 06:31 AM
You just have to do the import and export mail backup procedure!
CharlesJK Posts 6 Registration date Tuesday May 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2009 2
May 13, 2009 at 09:30 AM
Hi,

Login to alex, Goto My Computer C drive and create a folder Bakup, copy the important files to the folder bakup,

Under Start run, paste the below link, you will find a file with extension as .pst, copy that file also and paste it under bakup folder

C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Then login to rizvi, copy the backedup files from bakup folder & paste it wherever u want (ie. my documents).

Then in the microsoft outlook under File -> Open -> Outlook data file then browse to the location Bakup & click the pst file. It should work.
Dear Mr. Charles

Thank you very much, as per your advice , now itz works.
Once again thank you very much

Best Regards
Rizvi