Pc is running but no signal!

Closed
Barbarian10 Posts 2 Registration date Monday January 23, 2017 Status Member Last seen January 25, 2017 - Jan 25, 2017 at 05:11 AM
Barbarian10 Posts 2 Registration date Monday January 23, 2017 Status Member Last seen January 25, 2017 - Jan 25, 2017 at 06:17 PM
Hi
When I switch my pc on, it starts up fine with no weird sounds or anything but I can't get a signal on the monitor. I've had this issue before and I think how I fixed it was to update some drivers but I can't do that without a signal at all.
Also it seems that there is no power going to the keyboard, I press caps lock and no light comes on.
What's the issue and how can I fix it please??
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 25, 2017 at 04:44 PM
What OS? Can you boot into safe mode? When it does boot, does the BIOS display anything on the screen? What make and model is it? What happens if you press DEL or F8 right at boot. Hold down the DEL key, and let us know if it starts beeping!

Also, on the monitor, there is a menu button, press it. This is the OSD (on screen display), and it is the control center for the monitor. Does the OSD display any words? No, then monitor is bad!
Barbarian10 Posts 2 Registration date Monday January 23, 2017 Status Member Last seen January 25, 2017
Jan 25, 2017 at 06:17 PM
First of all, thanks for replying!!
The OS is windows 7
I've tried booting it into safe mode by holding down f8 when starting and still no signal, I've tried the comp on a tv that definitely does work so it isn't the monitor, and it hasn't got any speakers so i don't think the beep would happen
It's a custom made gaming pc.
Thanks again!