FLASH DRIVE CANNOT BE RECOGNIZED

Closed
aka987654 - May 15, 2009 at 09:27 AM
 aka987654 - May 15, 2009 at 11:17 AM
Hello,
i have a serious problem. A friend lent me her flash drive so i could take out some pictures. When removing it from the computer, i did not know about the safe removal and so i just pulled it out. About 3hrs later, i reconnected it on about 5 computers and a message comes up saying the device cannot be recognized
i tried assigning it another drive letter but i cant even find it under disk manager. Please help me out, i really need to fix it because the flash drive isnt even mine.
Related:

1 response

kikikiss Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday October 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2009
May 15, 2009 at 10:48 AM
hi,
you need to download the firmware for the pen drive.
you will get it in the official website of the product.
I am really not a computer expert. What exactly do you mean by the firmware for the product? The flash drive is and 8GB Kingston flash drive. I checked the website and called the number for technical support and i was told the flash drive could not be repaired. I called this data recovery agency and the guy told me i he will have to open the flash drive but it will cost me about 200 dollars. Isnt there any other affordable option?