Vista computer fails to boot, not in safe mode, no disc

Closed
Kyra619 - Mar 22, 2017 at 03:45 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 22, 2017 at 04:21 PM
My Windows Vista computer won't boot anymore. The Toshiba logo shows, then it goes to a black screen with the option of "Startup Recovery" or startup normally. Both options then bring me to another black screen:

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible."

My computer never came with a Windows Vista installation disc. I've tried running this in Safe Mode and it loads some drivers, then flashes a blue screen and brings me to this black screen again. Same with "Last Known Good Configuration" flashes a blue screen and repeats the process. Please help I have important documents I need to recover form this computer! Thanks.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 22, 2017 at 04:21 PM
Hello

Certainly looks like your hard disk is damaged. I suggest a repair shop.

Sorry