Sims 2 wont install, crashes laptop, HELP ME!

Closed
Jennaaaa - May 18, 2009 at 09:57 AM
 hannabanna - Jan 10, 2010 at 08:08 PM
Hello,
I just got a new laptop, it's vista.
I just put the sims 2 disc in so it can install on my laptop and i just crashes my laptop and then my laptop will go back to normal when i take the disc out.
I don't know if it's the disc or the make of my laptop (vista)
Has anyone else had this problem?
Jenna Schroeder (:
Related:

7 responses

liza=] Posts 1 Registration date Monday June 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2009
Jun 16, 2009 at 05:16 PM
what i would advise you is if it worked earlyer then it should work now!
c heck it out on another computer who doesnt have vista and see if vista is the probleme!
casue it worked for me before i got vista! and now that i got vista it doesnt work!
hope i helped!
=]
it is vista not the game you need another ram upgrade vista uses atleast 1 gig to run vista and the sims i think needs aleast a gig or 2 so u need extra ram that is the prob cause my game it will run on on vista but it will just crash an it wont work but when i shut the game down the computer goes back to normal it makes me angry that it wont work but ram is what u need u need to get a 2 gig u prob have 2 gigs but it is prob 1 gigs but 2 of them so it make 2 gigs u need a 2 gig to make it a 3 gig it is about 40 dollers for a 2 gig for a vista but if u figure out anything to make it work better let me know and if i find anything out to help i will let u know

Good luck
It works on my pc i have vista & i have got all my sims 2 games on mine !!!!!!!!
lol i have a laptop its vista but i got the double delux pack withthe original game and sims 2 nightlife epension pack and the sims 2 celebration stuff pack
lol its the best game!!!!:)
:P xD

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Well apparently my friend told me that Sims is not compatible for laptops unless it says it is compatible on the back
Helping out a little
Nov 25, 2009 at 02:19 PM
It is not the best i dea to play the sims 2 on a laptop because they dont have as much memory as a desk top if u have a desktop try using that=)
yes. i have had problems with the sims 2. i hate the game but i Love it too. you know what i mean? lol. do not put sims 2 on your lap top. it wasn't made for lap tops and it will destroy your laptop sims takes almost your whole hardrive. please return your laptop, save for a computer and put sims 2 on that. trust me its worth it.