My desktop will not work/respond

Closed
southwind66 - Updated on May 25, 2017 at 06:09 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 25, 2017 at 06:19 PM
Hello,
I seem to be having a bit of trouble with my Windows 10 laptop. Everytime I log into the laptop, it will not let me access anything from the desktop. Even as I am typing this, on that very laptop, it will not let me click on ANYTHING from the desktop. I can't open the windows tab from the bottom left, any of the shortcuts on the bottom quick menu or even click on a program on the desktop. There is no highlighter when I hover over the shortcuts or anything. The keyboard buttons will still respond (ex: clicking the windows key will bring up the Windows Tab and I can then use everything in that tab.) I have been opening up the Task Manager, by holding CTRL+ALT+DEL, and I can't seem to find anything harmful that is currently running. I also used Kasperkey to see if it could find any kind of virus, but it turned up with nothing.

THE MAIN POINT: It seems the computer just won't let me do anything, as long as the Desktop is the main menu running. If I have any other window up, it will act normal (aside from the Desktop not responding).

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
May 25, 2017 at 06:19 PM
Hello

Your issue, in my experience, as far as I am concerned is bizarre and unique.

May I suggest that you verify the you have installed the latest Win 10 updates.

Let me know