Belkin extender and booster

Closed
Will - Jun 6, 2017 at 01:22 PM
 Will - Jun 8, 2017 at 06:10 PM
Hello,

I bought the booster hoping to connect my extender to it or vice versa. I have a laptop and ps4 close by each of them so I can run an Ethernet line from the extender to the laptop making it an access point but the speed still seems slugging. Steady 100% signal but ps4 picking up 1-6 Mbps down 400-600 Kbps up. Also is there such thing as an Ethernet splitter so I can hard wire my ps4 and laptop to the belkin n600 splitter?
Thanks for your time

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 6, 2017 at 04:52 PM
No, there is no ethernet splitter, get a workgroup hub, about 15$ US.

So, the extender is hard wired, right? So the PS4 is hardwired into the extender, right?

What SLA do you have to the premises? IE. how big of a pipe of bandwidth do you expect to your home?
It's from one house to the next bandwidth is a bit that's why running a booster and an extender. I hard wired the Ethernet to the laptop worked well as the access but couldn't hardware the ps4 to the laptop so stuck on wifi picked up from the extender that's coming from my booster that's the plan but instead they're coming up as 2 separate ssid
I mean we have upto 330 Mbps unlimited for 95$ a month and normally can stream 3 rooms at once on fire sticks while some bodies gaming on ps4 it's just the ps4 that's sluggish that streaming in both houses are flawless Netflix YouTube and others
Even hardwiring the extender into the ps4 doesn't work. Only way I've found solid connection is hard wired to the modem in the main house