Pictures transferred from the memory card of your Blackberry phone to PC are in the .REM format. How to read them?
Some BlackBerry phones will compress and encrypt media files. As result you end up with files with the .REM extension
===Disable content encryption and compression before transferring your files==
From your mobile phone home-screen, go to:
- Option > Security Option > Encryption > Media Card: Disabled.
- On some models it is required that you disable the following options:
- Content protection
- Browse for your image file and rename it to .jpg. This will remove the .REM extension.
View files using the BlackBerry Desktop Software
- Download the BlackBerry Desktop Software and install it on your PC.
- Connect your BlackBerry to your PC using the data cable.
- Launch the application and in the main window, click on "Images".
- In the right pane, click on "Images on the device".
- Select pictures of your choice and click "Import Pictures".
- Wait until all the photos are transferred.
- The folder where your photos are stored appears in "Image Import Folder".
- Double click on picture thumbnail to open it.
Thanks to Carlos-vialfa
for this tip.