My monitor doesn't detect tower and m/k, GPU, and case fan don'twork

Closed
MasterWarrior Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 19, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 19, 2017 - Nov 19, 2017 at 01:54 PM
MasterWarrior Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 19, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 19, 2017 - Nov 19, 2017 at 07:23 PM
Hey, so while I was playing a game on my pc , my pc decided to freeze up. Upon restarting my tower my monitor said "no signal" and my mouse and keyboard didn't light up like it should. So I opened up my tower case and noticed my case and gpu fan wasn't running. So I turned off my tower and switched out my GPU with an old GPU I had sitting In the closet and once I booted up the tower I noticed even this old GPU's fan wasn't running either!... (I didn't really think the case fan was a big deal but if it is. Let me know!) I tried the thing where you unplug the power cord and hold down the power button for 30sec and that didn't help at all... I also tried to clean the ram and switch the slot that didn't help either. I took out the CMOS battery for like 10min and placed it back in and of course didn't help.. I tried two different monitors same result. Is it the Motherboard or the GPU?

I NEED HELP! D:

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 19, 2017 at 05:55 PM
do you have a video port on the motherboard? If so remove the video card, plug the monitor into the motherboard video port and then start the computer again. That could tell you if the motherboard is OK.

Good Luck
MasterWarrior Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 19, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 19, 2017
Nov 19, 2017 at 07:23 PM
I don't think I have a video port. :I