Dell Inspiron 2305 can't turn off

Closed
Reddman420 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday October 21, 2018 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2018 - Updated on Oct 21, 2018 at 02:22 PM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 23, 2018 at 04:40 PM
GPU and CPU not reaching temps took fan off cooler just to see if it would get warmer and I can touch it. No video but can use the HDMI and Vega connections I know that it would post I did get it to post then after that the power button is still a solid orange and the HDD activity light is a solid white now I can't even power it down by the power button I have to physically unplug it. I've taken the comos battery out and every thing any help would be much appreciated
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 22, 2018 at 04:33 PM
GPU means nothing if the CPU isn't doing its thing!

So what were you doing before this indication? Any hardware changes?
Reddman420 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday October 21, 2018 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2018
Oct 22, 2018 at 09:38 PM
I got this computer off someone for the low BC I like doing the impossible they put a new hard drive in and everything and couldn't get it to show nothing on the screen. Well I did some research and found out that the thermal paste was bad redid it got it to post and then come the other issue now the power button is still amber along with the hdd activity light being a solid white now. The GPU or the CPU is not even getting up to temp
Blocked Profile
Oct 23, 2018 at 04:40 PM
Well, pull the RAm, and boot. Do you get a different indication then if it is in? If not, the MB is bad!