Master sheet and connecting other sheets

Closed
Goofymama Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 6, 2018 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2018 - Dec 6, 2018 at 01:34 PM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Dec 7, 2018 at 05:53 AM
I am trying to make a master list of all my donors for charity. The master list will have less information on it then the following sheets. Bellow are the categories for the master. Then on the separate sheets I will have more information and notes about each company.

Category Company Name Contact Name Phone Email Website Donated Thank you sent

The separate sheets will not have headers across the top but down the side. I would like to be able to fill in one sheet per company and have it update the master list. This way I do not have to do double the work. The second sheet is the one that will have the notes of when we talked with them and what was donated or if we need to email them instead of call.

Category
Company Name
Contact Name
Title
Address
Address continued
City/State/Zip
Phone
Email
Website
Donated
Preferred contact method
Notes
Thank you Sent

Is this possible to have multiple sheets that update a master list without having to copy and paste everything.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 6, 2018 at 02:59 PM
You should hire an application developer as your needs are beyond the scope of this forum.

Good Luck
Goofymama Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 6, 2018 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2018
Dec 6, 2018 at 03:00 PM
We have a program that we use but it is very not user friendly so I thought I could make something that was more user friendly.
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Dec 7, 2018 at 05:53 AM
Hello Goofymama,

Is this possible to have multiple sheets that update a master list without having to copy and paste everything.

Yes, but just a suggestion (if you don't mind):-

You would have have a more efficient system if each individual donor sheet had the exact same set out/format as the Master sheet.

I'm assuming that "Category" is the key for each individual donor sheet but how many times would you need to type in the same company name (plus all the other details) in its individual sheet? This seems to be unnecessarily repetitive. Obviously I don't quite understand how you intend to make this work so perhaps you could upload a sample of your file to a free file sharing site such as Drop Box or GE.TT then post the link to your file back here. Make sure that the sample is an exact replica of your actual workbook and if the data is sensitive then please use dummy data.

Seeing your file will help us determine how we can best help.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.