My pc turns on but doesn’t boot

Closed
Opkrook - Jan 11, 2020 at 11:55 PM
leescotti52 Posts 4 Registration date Monday November 18, 2019 Status Member Last seen November 17, 2020 - Feb 6, 2020 at 06:49 AM
Hello, I' john and I have had my pc for little over a month. I very recently upgraded my stock amd cooler to the ROG ryou 240. Installed my new cpu cooler and tried booting and it doesn’t work. The rgb turns on but no boot. I have reset the cmos batter and check if it was the ram. And still nothing.
Specs are ryzen 3700x
16gb of Corsair ram
Asus ROG crosshair viii hero(wifi)
NVIDIA RTX 2070super
Related:

1 response

leescotti52 Posts 4 Registration date Monday November 18, 2019 Status Member Last seen November 17, 2020 2
Feb 6, 2020 at 06:49 AM
Hello Opkrook, You may try some manual steps to remove this problem:

1. You can power off your pc while in power saving mode by holding the power button for some seconds. After power completely off, turn on your computer and test to see if it will boot normally. If the input voltage for the power supply is not correct then your computer might not run.

2. Another option is to clear the BIOS memory on your motherboard will return the BIOS setting to their factory default level. BIOS misconfiguration could become cause of not booting.

3. Verify that the power supply voltage switch is set correctly. If input voltage not correct then pc might not on completely.

4. If your computer fans and lights are working does not mean that the power supply is functioning properly. The PSU tends to cause more problem than any other hardware.

I hope the above steps will work for you. One more thing some times when system is not boot is become the cause of system failure. It may loss data which is keep on desktop. So to rescue of your data you may try some free data recovery utility like Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition, Recuva, Tesdisk etc. or you can use your backup for this. Thanks