Transfer music from PC to Mobile

Solved/Closed
billybob49 Posts 3 Registration date Monday April 27, 2020 Status Member Last seen May 1, 2020 - Updated on May 2, 2020 at 03:15 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - May 2, 2020 at 03:19 AM
I have all my music loaded to Windows Media Player on my HP Laptop (only about 500 songs). I would like to transfer all the music to my Android Samsung S7 phone. I have tried Musicbee and Mediamonkey and neither seem to transfer the music without lost songs or mis-identified albums. This is just not acceptable.

What app would you recommend for the phone? I am also open to purchasing a separate MP3 player if that is necessary.
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
May 2, 2020 at 03:19 AM
Hello, follow these steps from here.
  • Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.
  • If prompted to allow access to your data, tap ALLOW.
  • Touch and hold the Status bar (located at the top) then drag to the bottom.
  • From the Android System icon Android System section, ensure File Transfer is selected.

(Note If necessary, select the current option (e.g., Charging, Photo Transfer, etc.) then tap File Transfer.)
  • Launch File Explorer or Windows Explorer.

(Note Using the computer keyboard, press Windows+E ( windows key logo+E) keys.)
(Note Alternatively, right-click Start then click Open File Explorer or Windows Explorer.)
  • Using File or Windows Explorer, navigate: SAMSUNG-SM-G935V or SAMSUNG-SM-G930V > Phone > Music.
  • Use the computer to copy music and other audio files into the folder.

Note For any accompanying artwork in JPEG format, rename the art file albumart.jpg and copy into the same folder as the music files.
  • To further organize files, create a subfolder in the newly created music folder and copy desired music files into it.

Regards
David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net