Excel Form Frustration

Closed
Anglea - Jul 1, 2009 at 08:32 PM
mubashir aziz Posts 190 Registration date Sunday April 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2010 - Jul 2, 2009 at 01:34 AM
I am having issue setting up an analysis page for a report that I have. I am trying to find out for each individual what are the currently working on, completed, and the average time it took to complete. I have the data but it is in the following format:

Name	Started	Done
Julie	24-Jun	27-Jun
Tom	24-Jun	
Julie	24-Jun	27-Jun
Julie	24-Jun	
Ken	24-Jun	27-Jun

The way I need the data appear with the name above with the data below as shown below.

Status		Tom	Ken
Working		1	0
Completed	2	0	
Average Time	3	0	

I am having issue because the data isn't setup in a column format. Also the data list is constantly growing so I want it to be something that can update itself so I am not constantly updating the report. Please I need a excel guru to crack this case.
Related:

1 response

mubashir aziz Posts 190 Registration date Sunday April 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2010 165
Jul 2, 2009 at 01:34 AM
This type of data can be easily sorted out thru Pivot table but you will have to arrange data in an organized way ....... I"m suggesting some column then you can use Pivot table or some formulas on my name ...... but first made column like this ....

Name        Started	Finish        Total Days         Status

Total Days = (Finish - Start)

After making this you can made this kind summary report easily

Name      Working        Completed            
Tom :     =count           =count
Julie: 

These formula's can be give after creation of column and just let me know the column names which have below fields

Name        Started	Finish        Total Days         Status