Message cannot be saved as draft (Yahoo attachments)

Solved
Cyberpope Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 12, 2023 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2023 - Nov 12, 2023 at 09:51 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14291 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 12, 2024 - Nov 13, 2023 at 11:08 AM

Hello,

I have done all this; I've even moved the file to be sure there's not an error on the disk preventing a full clean upload.  My intention is to attach a small (2.6Mb) ePub file to send it to be read on my Kindle device. I put the correct "To" email; I put a small default subject & body message, then click the paperclip (I'm on Windows 10 desktop, using an up-to-date Chrome, select the file, click "attach" & it seems to operate normally, but then a big red "!" appears instead of a document icon; eventually it goes away, but only after I get a popup error from Yahoo: Message cannot be saved as draft.

I click "send" & get error message in my inbox "your message could not be sent."

Anyone have an idea of what's going on?

Windows / Chrome 119.0.0.0

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14291 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 12, 2024 1,889
Nov 13, 2023 at 11:08 AM

Hi,

Can you upload other file types such as docx, pdf, jpg, etc? If yes, then your epub file may be DRM protected and that's why Yahoo doesn't allow the file to be sent or saved as a draft.

If it isn't DRM protected but that Yahoo won't attach your file, it may be possible that epub files aren't allowed. You can try with a different DRM-free epub file for confirmation.

Alternatively, I suggest you try Send to Kindle to send your file.