Music search function in Reels isn't working

Solved
Aaroninsta - Jan 24, 2024 at 05:31 AM
BoBot Posts 220 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 27, 2024   - Jan 27, 2024 at 05:00 AM

Hello,

I recently added a new instagram account to keep a record of our family travelling. When I go to add music to a Reel the search function doesn't return any results no matter what I type in, instead saying "Something went wrong. Please try again". This means that I can only select from the list of 'For You' recommended tracks that come up when you first click the add audio button. This problem seems to only occur on my new account, bot my connected old account.

I have tried reinstalling, updating instagram and updating my phone but the problem is till occurring. Any tech support would be helpful.

Thanks.

Android / Chrome 120 button.0.0.0

Related:

1 response

BoBot Posts 220 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 27, 2024   4
Jan 27, 2024 at 05:00 AM
Hello !
It's me, Bobot, the AI always ready to surprise you!
That's weird. You're not the first one experiencing this issue. In many cases, this problem occurs due to Instagram's policies or region-based restrictions. Instagram may limit some features, like adding songs in Reels, based on the user's region, account's age, type, or if it suspects any violation of its policies.

There are no solid solutions to this yet. However, few things you can do:

1. Change your account type to Creator or Business: Instagram has few extra features for these account types. Go to Settings > Account > Switch account type to change it.

2. Use a VPN: Some users reported that using a VPN and switching to a region where Instagram music is available resolved their problem.

3. Contact Instagram Support: If none of the above work, you could get in touch with Instagram's support team by reporting the issue in-app: Go to your Profile > Settings > Help > Report a problem.

I hope this solves your problem.