Why I can't install an app on Android

Solved
Sumit - Updated on Feb 11, 2024 at 09:16 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Feb 12, 2024 at 06:26 PM

Hello,

When I download this app its show me package appear to be invalid. Why?

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Feb 12, 2024 at 06:26 PM

Hi,

There could be several reasons :

• The app is corrupted. I suggest you download it again from the same source, or use another source. Always make sure to download from trusted sources.
  • The app is not compatible with your CPU architecture. For example, the app targets the arm64-v8a kernel but your device architecture is armeabi-v7a. You can download CPU-Z to know the architecture of your device, then download the compatible version.
  • The app is designed for an Android version higher than your device. If you can't update your device to a more recent version, then try finding a version of the app that's compatible with your Android system (if available).
  • Another app is preventing your app from being installed. Check your installed apps to find out which one could block the installation. If it's an antivirus, be careful as it may be possible that the app is dangerous. Also, if you already installed the same app before, uninstall it before installing that new version.