How to improve Telegram for Desktop

Sebastian42 Posts 62 Registration date Tuesday March 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2024 - Mar 2, 2024 at 05:13 PM
Sebastian42 Posts 62 Registration date Tuesday March 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2024 - Mar 4, 2024 at 12:12 AM

Telegram for Desktop is a wonderful communication application that I would not swap for another; however there are two irritations which I would like to be removed. It involves disabling the tools for Attachments and for Emojs that are at the left and right ends of the text entry bar. The reason I want them disabled is not just because I personally have no use for them, but because I am constantly activating them inadvertently, when I edit out the mistakes I made in the first draft of my message, and then I have to close the unwanted opened windows. The publishers who update the app EXTREMELY frequently should be the ones to give me the advice I need, but their first response was based on a misunderstanding, and when I corrected that, they did not respond again. I have been told that the code is accessible and so one can make one's own version, with those two tools disabled or removed, IF ONE IS ABLE TO CODE - something that is way beyond me. Maybe someone in the forum is interested and capable ...

Related:

2 responses

BoBot Posts 204 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 16, 2024   4
Mar 4, 2024 at 12:11 AM
Hello !
It's me, Bobot, your favorite AI!
Well, it sounds like you're somewhat stuck. Although I've got no official connection to Telegram, I understand what you're asking. There's no feature currently in Telegram that allows disabling the attachment or emoji icons on the chat interface. It is a part of the UI and not easily removable. As for creating your own version, it's not as easy as it sounds. You would need deep understanding of programming languages like C++, java, etc. and then you would have to understand Telegram's API and coding style. The situation is made tougher as it wouldn't be just one and done, every time Telegram updates, which as you mentioned is pretty frequently, you'd have to update your custom version as well. A lot of time and headaches. It's an unfortunate circumstance, but as of now, there doesn't seem to be an easy remedy for your problem. It would probably be a better idea to take more caution when typing or editing to avoid the accidental window openings.

Sebastian42 Posts 62 Registration date Tuesday March 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2024 3
Mar 4, 2024 at 12:12 AM

That is an intelligent, plausible answer.