Screen sleep

Closed
Eckojt - Jul 14, 2008 at 12:56 PM
 Heat20 - Jul 25, 2010 at 07:28 AM
Hello,
i have just installed a new grafic card a "ATI RADON 9550" and for some reason my screen likes to go to sleep mode. The only way i can make it stop is to restart and then after a few min it dose it again what should i do to fix this problem?

3 responses

thats not the problem it is set to 50 min it only goes to sleep when i am playing a game online the game is called Runescape "www.Runescape.com" in high detail the grafic card seems to just fail on me and the card is able to support the game the card is a "Radaon 9550"
vinnydman Posts 8 Registration date Thursday May 8, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009 5
Jul 15, 2008 at 05:39 AM
Hi if you screen got to sleep mode this is because your computer has been configurated to sleep after some time..

To solve this problem

1 : Go to desktop
2: Right Click
3: Properties -screen saver
4: Monitor power

Disable automatic sleep and turn off.
DebbieT Posts 1 Registration date Monday June 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2009
Jun 30, 2009 at 09:56 AM
Thanks! I tried setting it in the power settings, (control panel) but this worked great :)

It started when I installed AVG antivirus (company I work for made everyone install it) and then one of my games quit working (clan lord online RPG) (maybe port 5010 is blocked?), the screen shutoff was changed to one minute (so annoying) and many web pages no longer display and instead say "blocked, this site contains advertising" - and one of the blocked sites is amazon affiliate links. I uninstalled AVG but the problems all remain. I guess I'll re-install AVG since the company wanted us to.

Just wanted to say thanks for helping me solve one of the three AVG problems :)
i cant find screen saver on properties
hey i was playing Divinity 2 on PC using Vista SP2 and this happened but not only this game, Battlestation Pacific as well, same thing after playing 4 a while the screen goes black, turns off for no reason i even disabled the sleep mode in the power options.
the only way to get it back up is to restart it the machine.
my thought on this problem i think is the resolution, now i don't know where is the problem is but its gotta do sumthing with the resolution.
btw im running on NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT, Windows Vista SP2, 4GB of Ram, Asus Quadro 2.40 GHZ Processor.