Dell Inspiron 1501, Audio isnt on

Solved/Closed
Angie - Aug 26, 2009 at 04:47 PM
 jeremy - Nov 25, 2010 at 02:00 AM
Hello,
i went to go use my inspiron 1501 laptop to watch adult swim n there was absolutely no sound... I looked at the bottom right corner n there was no speaker icon to click; to maybe turn up the volume.. Even when I went into the control panel it said no audio device... im not very good with computers so.....
If someone could give me a step by step solution to fix this problem, that would be great.

3 responses

My wife had the same issue. Click on your task bar and uncheck the "Hide while inactive" box. The volume icon popped right up
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Aug 26, 2009 at 05:34 PM
go here http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=INS_PNT_1501&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid= and select operating system you are using. then you can down load the driver you require.

I think you may need the sigmatel driver. download this and install it.

hope that helps.
Hapened with me after I installed dell drivers, so I just use the windows driver installer from control panel\system\hardware\device manager :)