It look hard to do but it isn't. If you do what I say you'll solve your problems with bluetooth at Inspiron 1525 runing Windows 7 easily.
a. Download the driver at Dell.com:
- 1. Go to http://www.dell.com.br - 2. Click on the link "Drivers & Downloads" in the end of the site.
- 3. Select your model ("Laptops", "Inspiron Laptop", "1525") and confirm it.
- 4. Click on Network.
- 5. Download the "Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module (Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR)"
- 6. Save the file "R140135.exe".
b. Install the driver:
- 1. Execute the file "R140135.exe".
- 2. Open the folder "C:\dell\drivers\R140135\3100_216".
- 3. Execute the file "Setup.exe".
- 4. When the driver ask you to active your Bluetooth antena, click in "Cancel.
- 5. Open the folder "C:\dell\drivers\R140135\3100_216\Win32"
- 6. Execute the file "Inst.exe".
- 7. Click in "Next" button to begin the installation.
Note: When the software ask you to active the Bluetooth DO NOT CANCEL.
- 8. Open the folder "C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software"
- 9. Execute the file "BTTray.exe". The icon will appear in the system tray (next the clock).
- 10. Click with the right button in Bluetooth icon and turn it on.
- 11. The installation will continue automatically.
- 12. Click in "OK" button to finish
That is how I solve my problem with my Dell Inspiron 1525 runing Windows 7. It's working perfectly.
I have this problem : "I'm using Vostro 1510 Laptop. Whenever I boot my pc, it says new hardware found and ask me to install Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver software. I tried with drive cd which I got along with the laptop. But its not working. Every time booting the pc, it will ask me to install the drive software. In the device manager, it shows Others>Bluetooth Peripheral Device and says This device is not configured correctly. "
It's a disaster : (
my device is not working properly, and I believe this service is necessary.