Yahoo email and im

Closed
alertbabe - Sep 9, 2009 at 11:56 AM
dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 - Sep 10, 2009 at 07:13 AM
Hello,
Someone has hacked into my yahoo mail and im account, i am currently in a legal battle my x and think that he is doing this. How is this possible, how can someone get all information when you have your security questions answered and changed and they change your password. I thought yahoo was secure how can someone hack into tthe system? Any info will help with my law suit. Thank you
Related:

1 response

dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 656
Sep 10, 2009 at 07:13 AM
Hi dude,

Your account could have been hacked through simple means of phishing, spamming and a little of social engineering. You might have received an email where you were asked to change your password and this is how you have let them hack your account. Yet you could have been a victim of a distance hacker who had control over your PC. For getting back your account, you should get in contact with the support team of Yahoo and they will indicate you the steps to follow. There exists a special Cyber Crime Unit that will carry the investigation about who might have hacked your email account but the investigation may take some time.

You cannot put all the blame on yahoo email service though your account has been hacked perhaps it may be a concern of your own security system. You will have to take precautions in the future for not having the same experience.