Evesham laptop,starts then straight off

Closed
traceynjan Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 2, 2009 - Nov 2, 2009 at 01:05 PM
traceynjan Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 2, 2009 - Nov 2, 2009 at 02:07 PM
Hello,
i have an evesham laptopt with rxp on.when i press the on switch it comes on with no screen display,then a couple of seconds later it turns off then restarts again,it will do this for as long as you let it,before you get annoyed and unplug it,i know the screen is fine because ive had it on earlier,but then i restarted it,and this is all it does now.its not an old laptop so im hoping some one can help me
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 2, 2009 at 02:01 PM
Can it start in "safe mode"? Press F8 repeatedly during the boot to enable safe mode.

When in safe mode go to Start - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer and take a close look at the warning and error messages. You might get an idea of what is going wrong during the boot process.

You can also disable the automatic system restart - go to Start - Control Panel - System - Advanced - Startup and recovery Settings make sure that the "write an event to the system log" is checked and that the Automatically restart box is NOT checked. Then click OK on the windows to activate this setting.

If you suspect a software problem the first thing is to try a "System Restore" to an earlier date.
Go to Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore and select "restore my computer to an earlier time click Next - then select a date before the problem started. The restore points will be hilighted on the calendar.

Good Luck
traceynjan Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 2, 2009
Nov 2, 2009 at 02:07 PM
no i cant get into it at all,my other half took the cover off on the underside.and he powered on,then off twice then came on and stayed on,but when he put the cover bck on its gone back to how it was before