Problem with laptops on a wireless network

Closed
Homer - Aug 31, 2008 at 11:20 PM
yashtozor Posts 13 Registration date Thursday August 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 - Sep 1, 2008 at 04:27 AM
I have just set up a Linksys wireless A+G network in my house and a repeater to reach the entire house. I set up the router and repeater with one laptop and all works great. All of the other laptops work great as well until I disconnect from the network the original laptop I used to setup the router and repeater. No other connections work when the original laptop is disconnected from the network - but when I reconnect the original laptop, all of the other laptops connect again to the network and work perfectly.

I set up WEP encryption and matched the router to the repeater. I did not enable any MAC address filtering either.

Why wont the other laptops connect without the first????
Related:

1 response

yashtozor Posts 13 Registration date Thursday August 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 3
Sep 1, 2008 at 04:27 AM
its normal that all the other computers wont get connection you have surely installed the dirver on your computer and now is acting like a server i dont mean it is a server but is acting like that. you cannot change anything to have connection your computer must be switched on and then all the other computer will get connections