I can connect 2wireless but cannot view pages

Closed
Sophie - Sep 2, 2008 at 06:48 AM
 Chrisse1225 - Dec 21, 2010 at 06:37 AM
Hello,

Please help, I can connect to wireless connects on my laptop and it states I'm connected with excellent signal (with and without wep keys) but then I cannot access web pages, it always say I'm offline. I know the internet works via a phone line but why wont it work wirlessly. Wifi is built in. Please Help.

Thanks

4 responses

If you are connected but Internet Explorer states that you're working offline, whilst in IE click File, then untick work offline. Close the webpage and reopen, it should now work.
Sian, thanks so much, clearing the offline check from the File Menu connected me with no further problems. Thanks again!
This is still a relevant issue for me today, however IE does not say I am working offline, so what is the next place to check? How do you check the DNS server? Will acquiring a new lease fix this if that is the issue?
I'm currently having the same problem. I installed WinSockFix because according to other uses on this website, it was a virus. This did not work and I've discovered that it is a problem with my DNS server. That's all I know, and I'm not sure how to fix this problem yet. Try the WinSockFix download and if that doesn't work, it's probably something to do with your DNS servers.
any idea on how to fix a dns server?
u have virus
I have wireless connection but cann,t view any of pages following instelation of ? vbezza.com it says warm has come to the computer.please help me.
Tanking you