Optic drive a headache

Closed
banjopat - Sep 10, 2008 at 06:10 PM
imation Posts 27 Registration date Tuesday August 26, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2009 - Sep 11, 2008 at 05:26 AM
Hello,
A friend of mine who is very elderly loves to play scrabble, but when she went to play it the other day, she put the disc in the drive and the light flickered for 5 seconds and nothing happened. Now before that it was working perfectly.
She leaves the disc in the drive all the time and just usually clicks on the icon. We cant download this game as she bought it and cant find a serial number for it. hope you can help?
Related:

1 response

imation Posts 27 Registration date Tuesday August 26, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2009 4
Sep 11, 2008 at 05:26 AM
hey there,

the problem may be coming from the dvd rom drive not being able to read discs and so what i would advice you is to try to put another dvd in the dvd rom drive and then try to see what happens in the "My Computer". if the other cd or dvd is being detected it means that the dvd rom is alright but if not then have the dvd rom changed by an IT technicain it could have been fried.

hope it helps you