USB Portable hard drive problem

Closed
Rick - Sep 26, 2008 at 05:28 AM
stresspc Posts 11 Registration date Wednesday August 13, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2009 - Sep 26, 2008 at 08:21 AM
Hello,

I have an 80Gb portable USB2 hard drive which was working fine until I plugged it into my sons computer. It then started displaying messages that I need to format it before it will work. Now the same message appears when I plug it into my laptop and another computer that I know it has worked in OK just recently.
Is there a way arround this problem without losing data?? ( I have not formated the drive as I believe this will loose data).
If anyone can help it would be most helpful as I have data on the drive that I dont realy want to lose.
Thanks
Related:

1 response

stresspc Posts 11 Registration date Wednesday August 13, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2009 1
Sep 26, 2008 at 08:21 AM
hello,

maybe while disconnecting the hard disk you didnt eject it and hence the sytem files on it may have been corrupted try using a software called stellar phoenix and will be surely of great help to you here is the link to get it :
https://www.stellarinfo.com/