NOT SHOWING USB CONNECTED IN MY COMPUTER

Closed
de1234sadeepak@gmail.com - Feb 22, 2010 at 04:46 AM
 Zeus Raman - Feb 23, 2010 at 02:18 AM
Hello,PLZ help me in solving the problem.Before 3 days ago when i attached my pendrive in USB socket it, the messege blink on the screen that "plz install the new software for removable storage " but i ignore this and cance the  installation . i click on my computer option and open but  the removable storage option is not there and also not showing on status bar soi remove my pendrive and againg inserted it in USB slot, this time same screen appear , but this time i choose to install the software for removable storage.and click ok.but when i open my computer option  still not showing the removable storage drive and also not on status bar.whar should i do to solve the problem?
Related:

1 response

Hi there..

So, you pen drive is not getting detected in your computer, Try following this step:

1. Connect you pen drive in the USB drive.

2. Right click on my computer -> Select manage -> Select Computer Management -> Select Disk management under Storage -> Now, your pen drive would have listed there with different name say Disk 0 or disk 1 or CD Rom1 etc., If you want to know whether it is your pendrive. After selecting the option Look for the word Removable in the below Rectangle like box.

3. Now Right click on that drive letter icon and select Change drive letter and path.

4. Now, Assign a new drive letter.

5. click Ok.

This will make your pendrive detected in the computer..