Presario v6000 on win xp wont connect 2 wi-fi

Solved/Closed
briwalkerla - Oct 24, 2008 at 07:55 PM
 skippy - Jan 6, 2010 at 12:50 AM
Hello,
my HP compaq presario v6000 on windows xp wont connect to wireless internet anymore.

I think I accidentally deleted the drivers or adapter or bios??

im not a complete novice, but im not an expert either. I went to the hp.com website but I dont know what drivers I need or WHAT I need really.

if this is a simple problem, can someone just send me the step by step instructions to the solution? please! haha ive been searching and reading so long that it just is sounding like gibberish now.

i can still connect using my blackberry 8130 pearl as the tethered modem, so it is still capable of connecting in general.

thank you so much to whoever can help
Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 24, 2008 at 11:33 PM
This problem has been reported by lots of people. It appears that for the V6000, in many cases it is a hardware failure. HP has extended the warranty on certain model numbers and will do a free repair. HP has also posted a new BIOS upgrade that changes the way the cooling fan operates in an effort to reduce failures in the future. Some of the component temperatures have been running too high, leading to premature failure of various components, including the wireless, the graphics display hardware, and others.
thank you so much for replying, but how do I go about getting the extended warranty? just contact HP? or update the bios?? im not the best at this stuff ahahaa but thank you again for the reply..i just saw it now
Ritz > briwalkerla
Jan 12, 2009 at 06:41 PM
Me too facing the same problem. Here is the link. (Someone should sue HP, useless HP)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01087277&product=3444107&printable=no&encodeUrl=true&
you guys are boneheads...
simple...all the drivers are here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3200953&lang=en
Shah islam kahanHello,
Feb 23, 2009 at 02:37 AM
Hello,
my HP compaq presario v6000 on windows xp wont connect to wireless internet anymore.

i think I accidentally deleted the drivers or adapter or bios??

im not a complete novice, but im not an expert either. I went to the hp.com website but I dont know what drivers I need or WHAT I need really.

if this is a simple problem, can someone just send me the step by step instructions to the solution? please! haha ive been searching and reading so long that it just is sounding like gibberish now.
hey,
i recently had the same problem. I uses to have vista service pack 2. downgrade to xp and missing my wi-fi, ethernet and graphic card. Is such a hassle to find drivers for this over the internet.
For your Wifi, Check out Icentric Corporation. I have the same laptop and they have a driver for 2.99. It works great for me. then Get Driver Detective For 30 dollars with your wi-fi. In less than 2 minutes, get all your devices back.Is worth it rather than looking for a free one.
Compaq doesnt even have a driver for me. they don't support downgrade versions.