Hl-dt-st dvdram gsa-h20n

Solved/Closed
ronnieboy - Nov 13, 2008 at 10:50 AM
 seekhelpPC - Dec 2, 2012 at 02:40 PM
Hello,
having a problem with my dvd drive
i loaded up a trial program called boost speed, it makes your computer go faster
after using the program i noticed my dvd drive icon was missing.
on checking the drivera notice said--windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware the driver may be corrupted or missing (code39). the drive works ok but will not read or write a disc is this a hardware or software fault.
if it is a driver fault where can i get a new driver.
many thanks to anybody who can help

2 responses

This method worked for me from gateway support and yes It was for repair of a gateway computer using windows vista.

Method 3: If System Restore did not resolve the issue, manually modify the registry.

From the Windows Vista default Start menu, point to All Programs, Accessories, and then click Run.

In the Run dialog box, type: Regedit. Click OK.

In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.

In the Registry Editor window, locate and then click to select the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

From the File menu, click Export.

In the File name dialog box, type: Savedkey, and then click Save.

Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters file, and then from the Edit menu, click Delete. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters file, and then from the Edit menu, click Delete. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

In the Registry Editor window, from the File menu, click Exit.

Shut down Windows® and restart the computer.
It works! Thanks much for your expertise and clear instructions.
boubouz Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday December 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2009
Dec 23, 2009 at 07:26 AM
Look here
http://translate.google.com/...

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/C/B/2CB64817-A269-4116-818D-B85F3029EA89/MicrosoftFixit50027.msi