I think i uninstalled the wrong thing

Solved/Closed
dunks - Nov 28, 2008 at 06:58 PM
rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 - Nov 28, 2008 at 07:05 PM
Hello,
i was trying to clear up the junk on my computer by uninstalling various things and then when i tried to play a dvd it wouldnt work... it said "please insert a dvd rom" so its pretty obvious i uninstalled wrong thing and i nothing about computers so i dont know how to fix it. do i need to download some software or something???? please help

1 response

rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 104
Nov 28, 2008 at 07:05 PM
Run a System restore back 2 the day b4 u uninstalled everything. This should bring back everything u had that was working normal. Follow the guide below if you're not sure what you're doing.

Open System Restore by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking System Restore.‍ Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Note: Before you start System Restore, save any open files and close all programs. System Restore will restart your computer..........Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!