My Acer Netbook won't start up.

Closed
Meganimoo - Sep 28, 2010 at 08:45 AM
 bon-bon - Dec 25, 2010 at 01:28 PM
A few weeks ago we had a power cut while my netbook was charging and it shut off. Since then it hasnt started up, it goes to a screen giving me a list of choices on how to start up (start windows normally, last known good configuration, and safe mode.) I have tried them all so many times and it just keeps going back to the same screen! Can someone help?

Related:

3 responses

hit ALT f 10 during boot up then follow steps
xploreraj Posts 23 Registration date Sunday November 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2011
Sep 28, 2010 at 01:28 PM
Hi Meganimoo,

Well, a great problem, I hope your PC gets well soon.

Pop out your battery, leave for some time, and then restart.

else

If you are using the OS same as provided by Acer during purchase, there's an option of eRecovery that can restore your system to factory settings without deletion of any data.

Please contact your Customer Care or Service Center. Most probably, they will help you solve it out.

else

Else try using a Windows XP (Service Pack same as that one installed currently) bootable disc, and go for the "Recovery" or something similar to "Recover your OS" option.

else

Wait for some more replies.

else

Reinstall the OS. See https://ccm.net/forum/affich-466032-changing-os#p470661

Hope, thus far you try and are helped really.

Regards,
xploreraj
the same thing happened to me but when i followed the steps of stephen i followed the first step and then it just said 'please wait a moment' and it's been like this for a long time!!
should i re-start my computor?
it said something about a problem but before i could read it my brother turned of my computor i re-started it and i've done it all over again. Do you think all my documents are lost now? If they are is there a way to possibly get them back onto my computor?