No surround sound 5.1

Closed
Tormi - Dec 10, 2010 at 12:08 PM
 Tormi - Dec 14, 2010 at 09:00 AM
Hello,
I have a logitech Z-5500 and Realtek HD. However, when i try to test if all the speakers work in the Realtek HD Audio Manager. It apperas that is is only the 2 front speakers working. I have updated the Realtek drivers and in theory it should work.
I've checked all the settings and it should be fine!
Only option i can think of my self is an option on the z-5500 displayer.
PLS answer me!!
And when im watching movie in VLC and i turn it on as 5.1 I don't hear their voice so i have to set it as Stereo or 2 in front and 2 rear. I tried a test on youtube to see if 5.1 worked there but the sound comes from all the speakers!

pls help me

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Dec 10, 2010 at 04:27 PM
Hello,

If you have tried updating the sound drivers, then I believe that most probably the sound card that you are using should be set for 7.1 which causes the specific trouble. The real trouble is that the Front Left and Front Right speakers are being recognized as the SL and SR. For such, you should try connecting the green speaker wire to the output of the other green jack.

Yet, please get to Sound and Properties in the Control Panel and double click on Speakers. From its enhancement tab, make sure that the Speaker fill is checked to 5.1.

Good luck!
ty for the quick rply!
But unfortunely it didn't help me. I don't have a other green jack. I'm not sure what my sound card is set up to neither. how do i check that?
Blocked Profile
Dec 11, 2010 at 01:33 PM
Hello Tormi, It will be kind from you to indicate whether all the speakers work correctly while carrying a test on the Sound Manager and by the way 5.1 system consists of six speakers, do you have six speakers?
yes, 5+ sub
Blocked Profile
Dec 13, 2010 at 11:53 AM
Hello Tormi,

So if it works from the test you have carried on the Sound Manager, I believe that there should be some missing or corrupted system files that is causing the trouble and you should have your system repaired by using your installation disc, please try it out and indicate the results.

Good luck.
i'll try it if i find the cd... :D