All blank on screen, just the wallpaper

Closed
MJ - Jan 6, 2009 at 07:10 PM
 wires and plugs - Jan 6, 2009 at 08:45 PM
Hello,

My laptop was working fine and all the sudden it got switched off. When I switched it on again , it only shows the wallpaper and no start up menu, icons or anything.

I did go to safe mode by hitting F8, it took me to safe mode but all i can see on screen is safe mode on all four corners of my laptop but nothing happens.

Can someone please help me, i would like to know what am i not doing right

Thank YOU
Related:

1 response

wires and plugs
Jan 6, 2009 at 08:45 PM
I had a similer problem on a desktop I built on an unknown, used motherboard, ended up blue screening me with errors. F8 last known working cofiguration. Boot from OS disk run repair mode, I had to disable my integrated grafics card and install a PCI one because it had something wrong internally rather than with the drivers. I also had an issue on another system with some malware where I downloaded some music in a zip file and when I opened it, it got into my windows explorer and settings and coppied my desktop background and applied it over my actuaul desktop and hiding my Icons. Crazy so your either looking at one of those possible three scenerios. depends on what you have downloaded or deleted or the age and usage of your equip. If you can get any error messages or info from what it's doing let me know. I use this trial version of security task manager to check any PC's To see if it is a downloaded or system software that is running on the unit. You could try it if you can. get to your desktop and have a flash drive.

https://download.cnet.com/Security-Task-Manager/3000-18512_4-10246545.html

This link is fom CNET and is checked for spyware or viruses.