Kaspersky doesnt scan password protected file

Closed
imru - Feb 25, 2011 at 04:36 AM
kristain Posts 69 Registration date Friday March 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2011 - Mar 1, 2011 at 01:20 AM
Hello, im using kaspersky 2010,it doesnt scan password protected files,how to remove the password & how to scan it ???????????ple tell me its really urgent

Related:

2 responses

kristain Posts 69 Registration date Friday March 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2011 20
Mar 1, 2011 at 01:20 AM
If the archive is password-protected and e.g. mail database MS OUTLOOK (PST files)), remember/find out the password for the object, in the Enter your password field, enter the password required to access this archive or an object within this archive and continue scanning. If you cannot enter the password or want to skip the object click the Skip/Skip archive option (you can also enable the Apply to all password-protected objects within the session option and the action that you select after checking this box will be applied to all password-protected objects).
In Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.0 latest versions by default the Do not ask for password when scanning objects option is disabled, i.e. when Kaspersky Anti-Virus detects a password-protected archive it does not display password requested window, skips archive and logs to the report.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Feb 25, 2011 at 06:04 AM
Imru,

It's perfectly normal because password protected files are deemed to be clean.

Can you give me an example of one of the files that was not scanned?

Why do you say it's really urgent, is there fire in the house?

Regards