DV6000 is dead

Solved/Closed
MWalker - May 9, 2011 at 04:00 PM
 MWalker - May 16, 2011 at 04:49 AM
Hello,
I don't know which are my problems with dv6000. First the sound and power button stop working, after a few months it went to hibernation and now I can't turn it on. I already replaced the KOTL cables but still doesn't turn on. The blue power light it's on, but nothing more.
Can anyone please help me?
Related:

4 responses

Anonymous User
May 9, 2011 at 04:38 PM
Hi,

It's probably an overheating issue.If you can manage to fix it then here are the instructions on links below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01443371&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&site=null&product=1842155&key=null
Or
https://ccm.net/faq/6492-how-to-fix-your-dv6000-dv9000-dv2000-overheating-issues

In other words:

Clean all the vents, blow out with canned air.

Remove the power adapter and the battery from your laptop. Open the laptop

case to access the CPU Fan and the heat sink. Remove all the dust from the Fan

and also from the heat sink. Never run your laptop on bag & bed. Sides, back and

bottom must be clear.

If possible remove the old thermal paste from the CPU and apply a new thermal

paste for better heat conductivity.

Good Luck!
Thank you for your quick reply. ;)

If the problem was overheating the computer should at least turn on when I press the power button but no, the computer don't react to nothing.
It's like if it was dead.
Anonymous User
May 10, 2011 at 11:51 AM
Dear MWalker,

When you say nothing, does also mean the fan? If the fans also are not running, I am terribly sorry, but I must inform you that your motherboard is toasted and friend.

Best regards
When I connect the power cable, the power jack turns blue, but that's it, nothing more, I press the power button but nothing, not even a fan starts, nothing at all, only the previous light is on.
Anonymous User
May 12, 2011 at 02:13 PM
That's what I said, it's a overheating of some component. Think to change your motherboard
Ok, I'll keep that in mind.

Thank you for your help.