PC turns on, but does not boot, black screen

Closed
dillonbrannick Posts 4 Registration date Saturday May 21, 2011 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2011 - May 21, 2011 at 02:03 PM
dillonbrannick Posts 4 Registration date Saturday May 21, 2011 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2011 - Jun 1, 2011 at 08:08 AM
Hello,

My computer turns on but the screen stays black. This started happening after I removed a virus (anti malware doctor) a couple of weeks ago using Malware Bytes. I have removed this virus before using the same method with no complications. At first it wouyld boot into windpows and freeze but now it doesn't boot at all. When it was booting somewhat I wasn't able top boot in 'safe mode' it would freeze on the same file, I think it was to do with 'AVG'. It also didn't let me boot from the windows disc due top an error while it was loading the files, so I couldn't reapinr windows using the disc.

I've tested the motherboard by taking out the ram and seeing id the beeps work, they do, also the fans come on and the CD drive spins and all the lights come on.

I've put my Hard Drive with windows on it in and external hard drive caddy, and I was able to look through all the files on it, in both partitions, if it was corrupt or broken it wouldn't be able to this, would it? I also tried to boot with no hard drives connected and it's the same story.

I'm really stumped as to what is causing the problem,
I'd love if some one was kind enough to look into this and tell me how to fix my computer,
please and thanks,
dillon

Related:

2 responses

dillonbrannick Posts 4 Registration date Saturday May 21, 2011 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2011
May 28, 2011 at 08:14 AM
I've sent it down to the local Computer shop, so hopefully they can figure out the problem and fix it.
I'll write back when the computer gets returned
cinhol Posts 1 Registration date Saturday May 28, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 28, 2011
May 28, 2011 at 09:27 AM
Hello Dillon -

I am having the same problem, and it also started after I ran malware bytes, so I am anxious to see what your local computer shop determines.

I am able to get my computer to boot if I disconnect then reconnect the hard drive before I turn the comuter on, but that is no solution, huh.

I look forward to your post.

Thanks!
dillonbrannick Posts 4 Registration date Saturday May 21, 2011 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2011
Jun 1, 2011 at 08:08 AM
I got it back, but they couldn't fix it, they siad they think it's the motherboard and is not economically viable for them to fix it.
It must have been a coincidence that it pooped out after I used Malwarebytes, or else they're wrong.
I'll probably just have to get a new motherboard that has all the same sockets to fit all my other hardware. it's annoying because I've only had it for just over 2 years, I just wish the guys in the shop could have told me whether it was my fault or the motherboards fault, but they couldn't say.

Sorry I couldn't really help,
Dillon Brannick.