Virus or something else wrong with computer?

Closed
KitKat - Jan 22, 2009 at 05:11 PM
 george - Aug 5, 2009 at 09:29 AM
Hello,
I have a Dell desktop computer. Everything had been working fine, up until 2 days ago. On Tuesday, I turned on my computer like usual and I noticed that my monitor was not normal. I could not see anything on my desktop. It was black. And also, the power button was blinking green every 3 seconds and would not stop, until I actually removed the plug from the surge protector.

Yesterday the same thing happened when I turned on my computer, but today, when I turned it on, I could see my desktop and the power button was normal green and not blinking. I was happy, until I moved the mouse and the cursor was frozen. Now, it seems like my desktop monitor is fine, but my mouse isn't normal? I unplugged the mouse from the tower and plugged it back in, cleaned out the mouse, and it's still frozen.

Does this sound like a virus or could there be something wrong with my mouse, monitor, or something internally?
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 22, 2009 at 09:44 PM
Can you hit F12 during the boot process? You can start a Dell diagnostic program that will check your hardware from that screen. I am guessing you have a hardware problem. Good Luck
I found this blog http://read-me-dot-text.blogspot.com/2009/08/signs-that-there-is-something-wrong.html very helpful. It shows you the signs that there is something wrong with your PC and how to fix the problems.