Laptop display not getting power

Closed
b34rz - Jun 26, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Romeo1981 Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 27, 2011 Status Member Last seen June 27, 2011 - Jun 27, 2011 at 03:18 AM
Hello,

Today I tried turning on my Dell Inspiron 1721 laptop and while the rest of the computer started up (harddrive began running and sound came one) my screen stayed blank.
I tried the trick of pulling out the battery and holding in the power button to no avail.
I can hook my laptop up to an external monitor and it works fine, but when I look through my displays, it registers the external as my main display (with my desktop and everything on it) and doesn't register the display connected to my laptop.
Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you

Related:

1 response

Romeo1981 Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 27, 2011 Status Member Last seen June 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 at 03:18 AM
by the sounds of it sounds like a north bridge problem, or pour soulder points, if your built in wireless does not work eather then most likly that would be the prob. if your computer savvy then take ur laptop apart, take the mobo out remove all ram cpu etc. remove all protective black stickers that stop things from touching that are not supposed to. turn ur oven on to a normal temp like 275-300 and put ur mobo in for about 10 min on the mid rack. and don't worry about melting any plastic parts it won't melt. this will resoilder all points. as HP or AMD laptops seem to run at higher temps then intel and seems to unsoilder points around the cpu. so give that a try and see if that works. best of luck. but don't leave in any longer and flip over mobo after about 5. careful mobo will be hot after taking it out. and put it all back together and it should work even your built-in wireless should work if it stopped working.

also to pass it on if your have an HP/Compaq or other companies that deal with hp/compaq. they sell computers with pour soilder points and start off most of the time with the wireless not working or showing up in device manager then goes the grafics/north bridge chip. so start filling complaints againts them, they already have a class action lawsuite being filled on them cause of it. the more the better. they can pretty much steal are money and they get away with it but when we steal from them they put us in jail so fill them complaints.