Network connection for phone, etc

Closed
Dee - Aug 16, 2011 at 02:52 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 16, 2011 at 05:48 PM
Hello, My grandchildren have Virgin Mobile prepaid and Tracfone prepaid. I have a Kindle. Had no connect or signal problems at all until 3 days ago and now none of these devices will connect when in my house. Go someplace else and they connect. For example...I tried to download a Kindle book 3 nights ago it would not download...I could not get any bars..... I took it with me yesterday when I went out suddenly the book downloaded. What could be wrong. Thank you for any help you can give me. Oh, I have no problem connecting to the internet on my computer.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 16, 2011 at 05:48 PM
I take it you have the Kindle with 3G (cell phone connection) and not just wi-fi. If so, then the Kindle and cell phone connections are dependent on your local cell tower. It could be the cell antenna pointing in your direction is broken or a new steel building is blocking the signal.

I would get the grand-kids to watch their signal strength bars as they approach you house. This should tell them where the signal drops out. A call to cell provider is about the only way to get any repair started. But, these prepaid outfits don't provide much in the way of service. Perhaps some of your neighbors have the same problem?

Good Luck