Windows updates in a loop

Solved/Closed
big john - Nov 2, 2011 at 11:59 AM
boogr Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday July 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2013 - Jul 17, 2013 at 01:17 AM
Hello,

im using windows vista and every time i try to boot system up just before login it tells me that there are 3 updates installing,and it shows me the percent when it gets to 100% it restarts and does the same all over again continually stuck in a loop is there anyone who can help me please
Related:

3 responses

Anonymous User
Nov 3, 2011 at 01:38 AM
Insert your OS CD,press any key on bootup>>>in the setup menu ,click on Repair the computer

If you don;t have OS CD

Click on F8 on bootup and select '' repair your computer ''

That should take you to system recovery menu

You can see a command prompt option there,click on it,enter administrator password if needed

Now run following commands one by one and press enter

cd c:\WINDOWS\WinSxS

del pending.xml

Restart your PC
boogr Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday July 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 at 12:35 AM
several people have suggested entering a delete command at the command prompt, but those people seem to be ignoring the fact that many of us with the endless update loop issue never achieve access to the command prompt. Perhaps the kind advisors could start with solving that problem? Thanks.
boogr Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday July 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 at 01:17 AM
Hi Addendum. Retried "FIX" as suggested. Got Command prompt. entered the two commands, separately as directed. restarted. received message: "Your computer was unable to start". Was offered system restore (didn't work before, so I declined). laptop attempted auto startup repair - said it was "unable to repair". MS Tech support acted like this was a new and unresolveable issue, even though forums from 2008 have discussed it! MS Tech said I had to upgrade to Win 7, or buy a new laptop. Anyway, total shutdown and restart resulted in same bad reboot on the and third second try! F8 to repair to startup repair to shutdown to start. 4th re-boot still unsuccessful. F8 again,"FIX" process repeated. Failed again, "configuring updates, stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete" still reappears. Full Factory Restore Option selected, sacrificing everything that was in my system - had no access to it anyway. The updates are most likely a deliberate trojan from MS to force an upgrade. A known issue from 5 years ago, still w/o an official "FIX"? I see an Apple in my future...
Thanks