Connecting wireless laptop & PC with internet

Closed
whenim64 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday November 5, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 5, 2011 - Nov 5, 2011 at 10:16 AM
 Anonymous User - Nov 5, 2011 at 01:23 PM
Hello,

I have a new netgear dgn 2200 router working well wirelesly with my laptop, widows 7. I also have a PC, XP SP3 without a wireless card which I want to connect to the laptop for an internet connection on both with an Ethernet cable to the PC and wireless with the laptop.
I've tried to search for a how to but have ended up clueless and confused. I'm unsure re, do I connect the Ethernet cable to the laptop or or the router? Also I'm worried when it comes to altering the network settings. I'd very much appreciate if someone could help in giving me a step by step guide, for a semi idiot.
Related:

3 responses

Anonymous User
Nov 5, 2011 at 10:20 AM
Install LAN driver on your PC

Connect ethernet cable to the PC and router.

Now the PC has internet connection via ethernet cable

Laptop has internet connection via wireless
whenim64 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday November 5, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 5, 2011
Nov 5, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Hi Sundar, thanks for your suggestion. Under local rea connection i have VIA compatable fast ethernet adapter already installed. I connected the ethernet cable to the router and PC but still nothing, I think i still need to configure/set up the connection between the lap top and PC. I'm not confident enough to try to set up, I need a step by step guide for my specific situation. Thanks again.
Anonymous User
Nov 5, 2011 at 01:23 PM
ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/DGN2200_UM_3Feb11.pdf

This is how you need to configure

Enter proper login id and password given by your ISP

That should be enough