Audio only coming from one speaker

Solved/Closed
Brad - Nov 18, 2011 at 08:49 AM
 Anonymous User - Nov 18, 2011 at 10:07 AM
Hello,

My issue is with a stereo that I have plugged into my computer. It is connected by an RCA plug that converts the red and white stereo audio into a headphone jack that I have plugged into the back of my computer. When i try to play a CD from the stereo the sound is perfectly fine, but when i try to get sound from my computer with the same configuration the sound only comes from the left speaker. I have checked the audio balance settings in control panel, and my realtek Hd audio and both are centered. I even checked winamp and it is centered as well. My guess is the RCA plug may need to be replaced but I just wanted to hear anyone elses thoughts on the matter. Thank you for reading and responding!!!

Related:

2 responses

Fixed: Double checked the cable and it worked fine. I took one of my girlfriends millions of black hairpins and bent it and covered it with a small piece of paper towel and wet it with a single drop of water. Then shoved it in the back of the stereo's left (white) output hole. Unfortunately it got stuck and i spent 10 minutes with a flashlight and an actual needle to get it out. Once it was removed it was covered in orange rust color. I let the stereo output dry while i made coffee and voila! Works like a charm again.
Anonymous User
Nov 18, 2011 at 10:07 AM
Thanks for sharing