Unextendable Desktop

Closed
Q - Nov 18, 2011 at 11:55 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Hello,

I have an accer aspire one and I just bought a HDTV to use as an external monitor. I have attempted everything that I can think of to extend my desktop. The only options that I get are the desktop clone or pick one monitor. I have Windows 7 and the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for mobile. I saw a video on Youtube of a guy with the aspire but his OS was older. I found a how to on the internet with the correct OS but the option to extend the desktop in the drop down of the Control Panel-->Appearance-->Display-->Change display settings:Multiple displays, does not give me the option to extend. Could you please provide some assistance with solving this issue. I appreciate any help at all.

Thank you in advance,

Quincy Manzey

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM
I suspect the graphics chip on this entry level netbook does not support this option. You might try to update the Intel driver software.

Good Luck