Toshiba Machine Help

Closed
Raku - Apr 28, 2012 at 07:03 PM
 Ceez - May 1, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Hello,
I followed the instructions on the forum, my machine beeps but it doesn't open any screen just keeps flashing the cursor and then i release and proceeds booting up. Nothing else happens. My laptop Crashed a few months ago due to lack of RAM while running with Windows 7. So, my friend did a factory reset and installed windows xp professional. All the drivers have been wiped and I cant connect to the internet, please help me out i cant seem to do anything with it. the model is "Toshiba Satellite A-135-S7404" Thanks alot.

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM
I don't understand "then i release and proceeds booting up"

Does it boot into Windows XP or not?

My suggestion is to get a restore DVD from Toshiba and reinstall Windows 7 or Vista. Toshiba may not support Windows XP on this model and you will find it hard to find drivers for the hardware. I assume you now have an unlicensed copy of XP and will run into problems with Microsoft I you ever connect to the Internet.

You may want to see this web page of information about your PC:
http://www.ehow.com/how_8753931_make-a135-s7404-run-faster.html

Good Luck
What i mean by "release and proceeds" is i release the "0" key after it beeps, and instead of taking me to thescreen for factory reset it just begins to load my log in screen. I appreciate the advice once again. I'm almost positive i could figure a way to save it before i have to spend hundreds of dollars trying to find a recovery disk for vista online. (Windows nolonger sells vsita so i haven't been able to just buy a new copy) :( so if you could help me get a factory reset in that will at least get me omewhere. Thanks again for the advice
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 29, 2012 at 02:18 PM
OK - Now it makes some sense. The hidden backup partition was probably erased during the install of Windows 7 or Windows XP. So you do not have that option now. But, you can order recovery disk(s) directly from Toshiba for about $30. After a short search at the Toshiba support web site I found this link:

https://support.dynabook.com/support/navShell?cf=community_forumt5/System-Recovery-and-Recovery/Recovery-media/m-p/9148#U9148
Thanks, see what I meant? Gah i was hoping it wouldnt come to that.. But well at least i know the problem now. Thank you for the advice, lets hope I save my clunker.
Thank you